Blow drying can easily be the culprit of tons of breakage if you don’t do it correctly. Always manage your hair with patience in order to retain its length.
Here are 7 tips to help you do just that:
1. ALWAYS moisturize and use heat protection before you do anything!
2. Comb out all knots and tangles with a wide tooth comb or by finger detangling prior to blow drying your hair.
3. To make the process easier and less overwhelming, separate your hair into 4 sections so that you can focus on blow drying one segment at a time.
4. Using the “tension method” is ideal because less direct heat will be applied to your hair.
5. When using a blow dryer’s comb attachment, be gentle so that your hair doesn’t break off ( USE A WIDE TOOTH COMB ATTACHMENT! )
6. Start at the ends of your hair and work your way up the hair shaft in order to prevent tangles when blow drying.
7. Apply all oils AFTER blow drying to avoid frying your hair.